Question:
I am looking for a special place to take my 10 year old daughter for dinner tomorrow(wednesday) night.?
Sam1234
2006-04-04 17:56:35 UTC
I would like to take her somewhere unique here in San Diego, cost is no issue, I will buy her a nice dress and go out for a night on the town. Hurry help.
Thirteen answers:
2006-04-04 18:56:03 UTC
My six year old loves Bucca di Beppo. Great Italian food in downtown, awesome (loud) atmosphere with loads of kid friendly dishes to choose from. It's casual, but still has a nice downtown flair to it.

Another fun place is Claim Jumpers, it's a family restaurant with great food and huge portions. If she's a fan of chocolate cake take her there...and order the Motherload.

Last place, Farrel's (It's on the south side of Mira Mesa blvd, I guess closer to I-15 than to I-805. It's west of the huge strip mall that has Target, Ferrel's, Black Angus). It's an old style ice cream parler that has really good food and a fun atmosphere.
halostrata
2006-04-05 05:10:05 UTC
Benihana is great, Farrell's is also a great choice and I have heard good things about Buca di Beppo as well. There's also The Corvette Diner in Hillcrest (on 5th), a very fun 50's diner with lots of music and memorabilia and GREAT waiters and waitresses who are always more than happy to pose for pictures and flirt with customers. There are also a couple options in Old Town, but Casa de Pico (the best of Old Town's restaurants) relocated to Grossmont Center. The Gaslamp Quarter offers a lot of dining choices, often with entertainment, like Cafe Sevilla. I really miss the Old Spaghetti Factory, but there's still one in San Marcos if you don't mind the drive. Best of luck, I'm sure no matter where you go, you'll both have a great night! ^_^

edit: I just totally remembered a GREAT one! Try Forever Fondue in La Jolla, it's a little pricey, but it's upstairs and cozy with a gorgeous view and it's so much fun. Do the 3 course menu (appetizer, entree, dessert), you get 3 totally different types of fondue (cheese, broth, chocolate) and you get to cook everything yourself at your table.
2006-04-10 01:56:35 UTC
Tom Ham's Lighthouse

2150 Harbor Island Dr., San Diego CA , 92107

The Lighthouse offers a magnificent view of the San Diego bay
Fogjazz49-Retired
2006-04-11 01:44:06 UTC
If the Bali Hai is still open out on Shelter Island, it's a great combination of a good grownup menu plus a lot of fun for kids.
Ambini
2006-04-05 00:59:51 UTC
McDonalds
Cattlebat
2006-04-05 00:58:01 UTC
Go to Benihana's

Its a really nice Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you

It would be a really cool expirience for your daughter to see
greenschoolboy
2006-04-05 01:01:26 UTC
Benihana's is a wonderful japanese restuarant and its unique cause they cook in front of you!!!:-)A really good expierence yuor 10 yr old would remeber and tell everyone**
2006-04-05 01:12:34 UTC
For my Father-Daughter dance my dad has taken me to Red Lobster! That place has great seafood.
2006-04-05 01:25:45 UTC
To the movie theater or the park.You can either ask her if she has a boyfriend so you can take both of them.
2006-04-05 01:13:50 UTC
i would ask her where she wants to go, if she says she doesn't know, then give her a few ideas to choose from.
moterkat
2006-04-05 23:24:28 UTC
Ask her where she wants to go.
roza_klahrett2000
2006-04-06 05:17:44 UTC
GO TO CORVETT DINNER IN HILLCREST. MY DAUGHTERS LOVE IT THERE...

ALSO, FE=ARRELL IN FASHION VALLEY
cheeron95
2006-04-05 01:06:15 UTC
either let her choose or mcdonalds is a kid place