Question:
Looking for ideas for nice, somewhat inexpensive places to eat at and around Disneyland and area attractions?
2006-03-10 08:11:48 UTC
Hey, I'm planning a trip to Disneyland. It is likely just going to be my sister and I. I am trying to keep it somewhat inexpensive because I am saving for my Disney World/Cruise honeymoon and a house.

We are going four about 7 nights. We had some change of plans but are looking to go to both Disney parks, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, Universal, the Sea World and also Downtown Disney.

I'm wanting some nice places to eat at each park and in the area. We won't have a car, just ART to get around, so it needs to be nearby and in the parks. I'm looking to spend around $10 per person per meal, if under it is even better, but this is a ball park.

We don't need anything fancy, since it is just going to be us. But we would like some variety other than just hamburgers from McDonalds.

If you could tell me your favorites in the are it would be great. We have breakfast included, so we don't need that, but we are trying to get a good idea of what to do.

Also looking for one nicer meal.
Two answers:
TracyMichele
2006-03-10 12:17:47 UTC
There are lots of great restaraunts in the parks, and at Downtown Disney. In California Adventure they have a food court area that has amazing bread bowls with soups and salads, that are about $6 each, and you can get some really great desserts too. Not to mention that there is a tortilla factory that gives out free tortillas (one at a time, but a pack if it's your birthday!) and a bread factory that gives out samples.

In Disneyland my sister and I love Pizza Port, which is right next to the new and improved Space Mountain ride. The pizza slices are really big, and they also have some great salads. Disneyland does have a lot of great food, like a French Cafe near the French Quarter with varied sandwiches, and if you time it right you can be there around the time the band is playing to get some free mardi gras beads. Finally, I believe it is called the Plaza Cafe right on Main Street has some great deserts, and basics like pasta and meat dishes. They are all worth a try!

And, if you are looking for a very nice meal, try the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. It's the restaurant that is in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and you sit near the beginning of the ride where the lights are low and it's just beautiful. It is an amazing experience, and definitely something worth checking out! It's less expensive to dine there for lunch, but is great at any time.

To finish, Downtown Disney has some nice places as well, like the always fun Rainforest Cafe, with its half-hourly rainstorms and talking trees, and it's more casual and less expensive than the other two worth checking out. The Jazz Kitchen has great food, and definitely get the beignets for desert, though it's more expensive and not as casual. The last nice place that I would recommend is the Catal Restaurant, which is rather pricey but amazing food, like the compressed salad.

To make this the longest answer ever, there are also places around Universal that are great. The restaurants in the park are typical amusement park fare, but in City Walk they have the touristy Hard Rock Cafe with pretty decent food, though not under $10 a meal. City Walk has some fast food places, though if you want to stay in the park and get a nice size burger, the cafe by Jurassic Park the Ride is nice, and with a good layout and design as well.

Well, I hope this helps. I knew my years as a Disney season pass holder would come in handy sometime! I'm sorry I don't know about the other parks you will be visiting, but these are some great places in the two Disney parks and at Downtown Disney!
2016-10-20 03:33:15 UTC
there is no longer something inexpensive around Disneyland. you're able to be exterior of Disneyland for that except you prefer to consume a $3.50 churro. the closest i will think of of is the Shakey's down on S. Harbor Blvd.