Question:
My birthday is Thursday, but I'm not having a party, so where should I go?
brownbear
2006-04-11 23:15:25 UTC
I'm flying solo this birthday(27) and I just want to have a good time away from everyone I know. Where is the best place to go to forget about it all and have a good time?

For instance, what places give you free stuff on your birthday? Like I know some resteronts would give me a free cake...etc etc...

Basically I'm kinda down and nobody knows it's my birthday or they don't care... I don't want sympathy. I just want rock it despite it all. :P But I don't know where to go, so help me out? :D
Fourteen answers:
Sidoney
2006-04-14 03:06:24 UTC
I hope it wasn't Thursday yesterday... I get that you don't want sympathy, but if it's next Thursday (the 20th) Let's get a bunch of us San Diegans together and go to Corvette Diner for the freebies, then hit the rest of Hillcrest/Gaslamp North park fun places. We'll tell every bar that it's your Bday and you'll get free drinks, and It would be a blast. (Not to think anything weird, I'm 45 F not looking for anything, just thinking that Bdays should be spent with people, even if you Don't know them!) We can make your party rock,
crao_craz
2006-04-12 06:20:03 UTC
I have been in this situation many times and I have felt down because of it too. I'm sorry that I don't know about the free cake places. Usually, I just spend the day the way _I_ want to spend it. For me, that is relaxing, listening to classical music. I might have a nice meal in a restaurant or a vanilla malt. Sometimes, I have bought myself a birthday present, something that I would not ordinarily get for myself.

Best wishes, Wayward!
lorno5378
2006-04-12 06:53:26 UTC
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My Birthday is April 26 and I will be OLD!!! I am going to be 38 years old!!!! I am OLD!!!! I HATE birthdays too. If I was you, I would buy some chicken from a Chicken shop like KFC, go to a park and have a picnic all by my self. That is the best thing to do. If you drink, bring a bottle of your favorite bubbley and have a little picnic. Just you. Birthdays are what you make of them. Some good food and some good drink can make you feel very good.
halostrata
2006-04-13 21:46:20 UTC
Just take a day to walk around Pacific Beach, there's a lot of fun stuff there, some really good food, and lots of little bars with good specials. And if you get sick of all that, you can always take a walk on the beach. ;) Have a great birthday regardless.
:)
2006-04-13 20:35:54 UTC
Go to a spa treatment place or to a night club i reacommened comming to Palm Springs area we have a lot of spas.by the way happy B day
colie
2006-04-12 22:23:19 UTC
Cicciotti's in Cardiff - Italian cuisine is fun with live music and you can cab it to the Saloon or D Street.

Sbicca in Del Mar has half off wine night and you can walk next door to Jimmy Ho's
unusualpsycho
2006-04-18 23:49:50 UTC
The YARDHOUSE. Gaslamp quarter right across from Horton Plaza. Best food and atmosphere in San Diego.
Mary
2006-04-12 09:13:38 UTC
I know Fridays is a good place, have a very happy birthday.
good_times_die
2006-04-12 06:18:26 UTC
Go to a bar, they ALWAYS give happy hour specials for birthdays. Good luck bro.
2006-04-12 06:17:50 UTC
well happy bday, if I had all day to do what ever I wanted I would sleep till I woke up on my own (no alarm or anything, just frikin sleep), then veg out around the house, unless its really nice then go out into the woods or something to get the hell out of town.
loon_p
2006-04-12 08:03:50 UTC
How about to stay with you parent esp.your Mom ..of coz she never forget your birthday coz it's the day she met both torture and happily.
lnhja
2006-04-12 06:21:52 UTC
on a mistery tour of crouch end dressed as a eider duck. avoid any pillow manufacturers
grannywinkie
2006-04-12 06:36:30 UTC
Just come and talk to us. Outback has the best hot fudge Sundaes free. Just get on site and we will cheer you up but please reming us that it is your day.
2006-04-15 18:47:58 UTC
happy b-day!

I think Farrell's IceCream Parlor does.