Question:
do you tip sandwich makers when you are paying for your lunch?
lemaster9103
2006-01-10 14:59:23 UTC
like at Quizno's? they have at tip jar or submarina they also have a tip jar. Am I sapose to tip them?
Eight answers:
cali_mum
2006-01-10 15:06:42 UTC
I don't...why should someone there get it and not at a fast food place? Tips should only be for service above and beyond the usual..
2006-01-10 15:03:12 UTC
If there is a tip jar I will toss in a dollar if no jar then no tip, as some places are not allowed to accept tips
Hannah
2015-04-12 21:52:21 UTC
Those people get paid at least minimum wage, so tipping isn't expected. Servers in sit-down restaurants are the ones you're supposed to tip, because their employers purposely pay them about $2.13 an hour expecting tips to make up for it.
NPark Karaoke Bill
2006-01-11 10:14:22 UTC
At quizno's? Sandwhich makers, no. Do you tip the guy at Umbertos, just because there's a beatup styrofoam cup, with a scribbled "teepz" resting on the ledge of the drive up window? no. They don't provide a service.
Gallons of Bleach
2006-01-10 15:02:23 UTC
Only if you want to. Seriously they are getting paid enough to make that one sandwich for you that it is not nec. for you to tip. Tip jars are usually put out at the manager's disgression(sp) The quizno's by me doens't allow tipping.
Hey Keilee
2006-01-22 08:22:45 UTC
Just tip them a few quarters or a dollar. You don't have to tip them if you don't want too. Maybe just tip them on how fast they make the sandwich or the service.
2006-01-10 16:20:46 UTC
It's at your discretion. If you go often and want them to remember you, tip is the way to go, just like if you want good service from a bartender. Sometimes, they will get you extra meat or make it "your way". Also, if they know you are a frequent customer and a tipper, they might add on extra toppings at no extra charge, say if they know you like cheese or extra lettuce, etc.
Nico
2006-01-10 15:01:32 UTC
It's optional. I don't tip unless I'm at a sitdown restaurant or have food delivered.